The Data Controller is DriveForLife (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this Policy).
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect;
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- explains when and why we will share personal data within the wider TruckersMP community.
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data.
What personal data we collect
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our website or online forms and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
|When filling out our online forms you may be required to provide –||
|When visiting our website or filling out our forms, you may be providing us with –||
|When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires in relation to our Services, we may collect –||
How we use this data
When filling out forms, we use the information given to link a request, comment or post with a person or VTC. This is so that we can provide you with the services that we offer and also to allow us to contact you regard your request, comment or post, should the need arise. We also will perform background checks on your TruckersMP account to allow us to ensure that we only offer our services to those with a good TruckersMP history and to keep track of any name changes. We may also share your ban history, activity on the TruckersMP mod, as well as any other relevant information with the TruckersMP administration team or our event partners.
When visiting our website or filling out our online forms, we may have access to information regarding how you connected. Although it is rare for us to use this information, it provides us with another way of identifying you and also restricting access to our online services should the need arise. We may also collect traffic information on our website, as well as how people connect. This information allows us to better optimise our online services.
When contacting us or we message you, it is possible that we see your name, contact details, social media details, etc. We use this information to allow us to contact you again in the future should it be necessary and we may also link your name, email address and other forms of identification to any messages or feedback you may give us.
How we protect your data
Most of our data is stored on third party websites or data servers that have their own privacy policies. At DriveForLife, we only authorise access to the collected data, to those who need it to carry out their job roles.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) where possible.
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
How long do we keep your data
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to, how long this is depend on several factors, including:
- Why we collected it in the first place;
- How old it is;
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it;
- Whether we need it to protect you or us.
Subject Access Request
You have a right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request. To see what information we hold about you, please contact us via our email address. Please note that requests may take some time to process and we can only provide access to information that specifically relates to you and no one else. We may also not be able to provide you with information that was collected using third party organisations and then later shared with us.
In relation to your personal data, you also have the right to:
- Ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse the request.